Saturday, January 17, 2009

What shouldn't you say on a plane

A Turkish man, Hamdi Yazici, aged 41, was sentenced to 4 months in prison after he walked to the front of a plane with a bag, chanting 'Allah'.

The Turkish Airlines Airbus 321 was flying to Stansted Airport from Istanbul in October 2008 when the man, who was drunk at the time, frightened passengers by chanting 'Allah' while walking to the front of the plane. In court, the judge was informed that it took 6 members of the cabin crew to restrain the man until the police arrived when the plane had landed.

The court judge, Laura Harris said: “I am quite sure it was extremely distressing and alarming for those passengers.

“They didn’t know what you were planning to do when you started to walk down to the front – for all they knew you could have been a very dangerous man.”

The man admitted that he was drunk on the plane and he has now been sentenced to 4 months in prison.

So, this got me thinking, what are the top 10 things you shouldn't say on a plane? After some Googling and some chuckling, here is my top 10 list of things you shouldn't say on a plane:

  1. It's not like I have a bomb.
  2. Allah.
  3. Hi Jack! (ensure you say 'Hello Jack' if you're travelling with jack)
  4. Is it time yet? (repeatedly)
  5. That's not my bag beeping, it's me
  6. You may not want to drop my bag
  7. Will Osama be proud of me?
  8. Explode
  9. 3...2...1...boom
  10. Go..GO..Go!! (while yelling)

So, that's my top ten list of things not to say on a plane, that Turkish guy should have done some Googling to know he shouldn't have said that. Just make sure that next time you fly, you don't utter any of those words.

For a great service and even better price, visit GoSimply.com for Stansted Airport Parking.

No comments: